Are you looking to get a foot in the door in sports or the event industry? Do you like attending road races or are you a runner yourself? If you've envisioned working at a fast-growing company and you're willing to put in the work, we've got the job for you.
RaceWire is an endurance event service company headquartered in New England and serving clients all across the country. We provide online registration, race timing, and several other services for more than 1,000 events annually, and we are quickly expanding into the Washington D.C. area. We strive to create a better experience for both race directors and athletes, and rely heavily on our dedicated and energetic employees to reach our goals.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic D.C. Manager with a strong passion for the running industry. This position would require efficiently managing the logistical/operational components of our business as well as selling our services to race directors.
Responsibilities include connecting with and selling to race directors, timing events, managing several employees and contracted workers, and working directly with the other RaceWire operations. We are looking for someone with strong customer service skills, and an eagerness to sell our products and services. We are all runners and athletes, and our passion for the industry shows in what we do every day.
Position: RaceWire D.C. Manager
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Location: Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area
- Being directly responsible for the RaceWire D.C. office and all event operations
- Communicating with our customers (race directors) about their online registration and timing needs
- Continued outreach to new clients and upselling to current clients
- Updating and editing online registration pages
- Responding to emails and calls from race directors and runners
- Oversee weekly operations of both the office staff and event staff
- Plan and coordinate event equipment and staff allocation
- Training staff on software and procedures
- Timing and supervising events on weekends
- Working directly with the other RaceWire offices to implement the best timing techniques
Skills and Qualifications responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Experience in managerial positions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills, you must be able to manage your time well
- Ability to lead and work successfully in a group, while also being able to work independently
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with a heavy focus on Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Computer systems, learning and operating new software programs
- Ability to operate quickly and efficiently in a stressful environment
- Availability on weekends
- Flexibility in hours during busy seasons and high event capacity weeks