About This Event
The Sixth Annual Jog Your Memory 5K Run and 1.5-Mile Walk is an event organized by a Needham-based small non-profit in an effort to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimer's Disease.
The 5K course has been sanctioned and certified by USA Track and Field. Walkers can complete a 1.5-mile loop. Please note, streets will remain open to traffic, pets are not allowed, and strollers are strongly encouraged to stay on sidewalks. The route will have signs and volunteers directing the way. A water station will be located at the half-way point of the 5K course as well as on the walk course.
The race entry fee is $25 per runner if you pre-register before 5 pm, September 13, 2019 (pre-registration closes at that time). Day of race registration, if available, will be $30 per runner. Free tee-shirts will be offered to the first 125 registrants!
If you register before 5pm on Friday, September 13th, you will be able to pick up your pre-assigned bib number at The Wellesley Marathon Sports location on Saturday, September 14th between 10am and 1pm.
255 Washington St, Wellesley, MA 02481
8:00 AM – Race day registration opens
8:50 AM – Race day registration closes
9:00 AM – Race/walk Start
10:30 AM – Projected awards ceremony (will be adjusted based on last finisher’s time)
Timing and Awards
This event will be timed using bibtag timing chips. The timing chip will be on the back of the run number. Please make sure your number is clearly visible on the front of your body. This will not need to be turned back in after the race. It will be a chip time start. That means your time will not start until you reach the start timing mat. Gun Time is the time the gun/horn started the event. Chip Time is the time your chip crossed the start timing mat. The awards for this event are based on Chip Time.
For the 5K, the top 3 overall male and female runners will receive trophies. Top overall male and female finishers will each also receive $100, as well as a $50 gift certificate to Marathon Sports!
Age Group Awards will be in the following categories:
Male and Female:
4 and under
Top finishers in each age group ages 11+ will also receive gift certificates from Marathon Sports!
Directions and Parking
Mitchell Elementary School is located at 187 Brookline St, Needham, Massachusetts. Take Exit 19C off of Route 128. Parking in the school lot is ample with a front lot located on Brookline St, as well as parking in the back lot at the end of Tower Ave. There are plenty of side streets within a close walk (less than 400m) to the school that you can park on. Please be mindful of our Needham neighbors!
We welcome and need volunteers! Without you, our event would not be possible. Anyone interested in volunteering please email us at email@example.com and indicate the times you are available to help.
For and in consideration of USA Track & Field, Inc. (“USA Track & Field”) allowing me, the undersigned, to participate in the USA Track & Field sanctioned event described above (the “Event” or “Events”); I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors,
administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumptionof Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”);
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am at least eighteen (18) years of age (or this Agreement is agreed to by my parent, natural guardian, or legal guardian (the “Guardian”)); (ii) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (iii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy
enough to participate in the Event, that I am responsible for my own safety and well-being at all times and under all circumstances while at the Event site.
2. I understand and acknowledge that participation in track & field, road running, race walking, cross country, mountain, ultra, and trail running Events is inherently dangerous and represents an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. I understand and acknowledge the risks and dangers associated with participation in the Event and sport of track & field and related activities, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; contact with other participants, spectators, animals or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course or track conditions; land, water and surface hazards;
equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined, not readily foreseeable and presently unknown risks and dangers (“Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in any Event.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competition Rules adopted by USA
Track & Field and any safety regulations established for the benefit of all participants. I accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby release, waive and covenant not to sue, and further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the following parties: USA Track & Field, Inc., its members, clubs, associations, sport disciplines and divisions; United States Olympic Committee (USOC); the event directors, the host organization and the facility, venue and property owners or operators upon which the Event takes place; and any other organizers, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, coaches and officials for this Event; law
enforcement agencies and other public entities providing support for the Event; and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Event Organizers”), with respect
to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released
Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
5. As a condition of my participation in the Event, I hereby grant USA Track & Field, Inc., the event director and host organization a limited license to use my name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, video, athletic performance, biographical and other information (collectively, “Likeness”), in any media platform or format whatsoever, and to distribute, broadcast and exhibit these without charge, restriction or liability, but only for the purposes of advertising or promoting the Event, USATF,
or the sport of Athletics. The foregoing grant, however, does not constitute consent for USATF or any third party to use my Likeness in an endorsement of any product or service without my specific written consent.
I hereby warrant that I (or the Guardian, if I am under the age of 18) am of legal age and competent to enter into this Agreement, that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs
and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and
provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements
or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If the participant is under the age of 18, the Guardian hereby agrees to release and discharge the Released Parties as follows: a) The Guardian acknowledges and understands that the Event is inherently dangerous and represents an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. Further, the Guardian acknowledges and understands the Risks, as defined above. b) The Guardian acknowledges the rights waived by both the Guardian and the participant by accepting this Agreement. c) The
Guardian acknowledges that the Guardian will indemnify the Released Parties from any and all Liability which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to the participant’s participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties.
SecureFee™ Registration Cancellation Insurance is offered in most states. If purchased, your registration may be covered for one of the covered reasons stated in the policy.