About this Event
4th Annual Paddle the Port Merrimack River Races Yankee Homecoming 2019
Join us on the Mighty Merrimack as one of the many events during 9 days of Yankee Homecoming's 62 year! Yankee Homecoming consistently receives accolades for Best Entertainment, Recreation & Leisure Annual Event . Come check out why as we kick this off with the 4th Annual River Races.
Participants will launch at Cashman Park boat ramp off Merrimack Street. The contestants will paddle up river past Ram Island, Carr Island and around Deer Island, then back to Cashman Park and the finish line total of 5.0 miles.
SATURDAY, JULY 27, 2019
REGISTRATION TIME: 8:00 to 9:00
RACE TIME: 9:30
Paddle the Port Merrimack River Race Rules
1. Kayaks shall be propelled solely by means of double-ended paddles
2. All craft must have forward and aft buoyancy to maintain a neutral level if capsized
3. All paddlers must be able to swim
4. All entrants must wear a USCG approved personal flotation device in good order with a whistle at all times
5. Use of alcohol is prohibited for this event
6. Registration will begin at 8:00 am and close at 9:00 am.
7. After registration proceed to your staging area. Captain's meeting at 9:10
( mandatory to go over safety) Start time for first division is 9:30, with 10 min. intervals between divisions
8. If for any reason you can’t finish the race, you must notify a member of the race staff immediately. Safety Marshalls in the form of motorboats and jet skis will be along the course to assist in case of emergency.
9. Times posted will be official. Professional timing by RaceWire this year.
10. Navigation rules apply during the race. Be considerate of your fellow paddlers at all times. Be aware of other boats on the water
11. Race number shall be displayed on front. You may keep your number after the race, but must return the pinnie to receive your tee shirt
12. This event is rain or shine, unless the Harbormaster cancels for safety reasons.
13. Parking is free for the event. Volunteers will be available to direct you to loading, unloading and parking areas.
Yankee Homecoming reserves the right at any time to: refuse to register any individual or boat; expel or disqualify any individual or boat for lack of required safety equipment, unsafe operation, disregard for race rules or unsportsmanlike behavior.
All awards will be given out as follow, subject to change upon final entry numbers:
Elite/ Surf Ski: 1st ,2nd, 3rd, M/F
Recreational: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, M/F
Tandem: 1st ,2nd, 3rd, M/F
Age Group 60+: 1st M/F
SUP: Elite: 1st ,2nd, 3rd, M/F
SUP: Recreational over 12' 1st ,2nd, 3rd, M/F
SUP: Recreational under 12' 1st , 2nd, 3rd, M/F
Rowing: Fixed seat single 1st, 2nd, 3rd M/F
Rowing: Fixed seat double 1st, 2nd, 3rd M/F
Rowing: Sliding touring seat single 1st, 2nd, 3rd M/F
Rowing: Sliding touring seat double 1st, 2nd, 3rd M/F