Heading into our 16th Annual JP Blecksmith Memorial 5K, we enter a dramatically different world from last year. Given the current environment, we are pivoting this year’s event to a Virtual 5K. This event has been a Fourth of July tradition for many people and families and we do not want social distancing to equal social isolation! We hope you will safely participate with your family and friends, enjoy some fresh air and celebrate America’s Birthday, the men and women who serve in our Armed Forces and reflect on our many Freedoms.
Feel free to Run, Walk or Jog either outdoors or indoors (on a treadmill) – just make sure it is the correct distance!
Here is how it works –
1. Sign-up for the Virtual 5K, using the link below.
2. Complete your 5K (3.1 miles) between Friday, July 3 at 6:00 AM PST and Sunday, July 5 at 11:59 PM PST.
3. Submit your time, using the link below.
- You will have an option to confirm your time with a link to your fitness tracker
4. Post any photos you take using the hashtag #JPB5K2020 [Show us your Finisher Photo]
Tips for your Virtual 5K –
1. Be safe – Follow appropriate social distancing guidelines. If you feel ill, please stay at home.
2. Plan your course ahead of time – Consider a loop, an out-and-back or using an app like Strava to plan your route.
3. Tell someone about your race – It establishes accountability to complete it!
4. Run when it works for you – You have a weekend to complete the 5K, so plan for weather, traffic and crowds.
5. Have fun! – You are exercising, enjoying a holiday weekend and supporting a good cause!
To observe proper social distancing measures, please refer to the CDC Guidelines HERE
POST YOUR RESULTS
Once you have completed your 5K, submit your results to see how you match up to other participants!
Times must be posted by Thursday, July 9 at 9:00 PM PST to be eligible as a ‘Finisher’ or an Award Winner.
Submit your results HERE!
You will have an option to confirm your time with a link to your fitness tracker. In order to be eligible for an award, you need to use this feature.