About this Event
VFW Post 152 will host a commemorative event on ‘September 11 National Day of Service and Remembrance’ at Wilson Park on the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks to honor the first responders who gave their lives, the veterans who have served in the wars that followed, and those who engage in charitable service. This is a family-oriented community event that will bring together the people of our community, First Responders, and Veterans who have served our nation. All race participants will be given a T-shirt with a unique specially designed race logo as well as a ‘goodie’ bag with assorted swag. Special consideration will be given to members of the veteran community and we will waive fees (elderly, disabled, indigent).
100% of all proceeds go to a veteran service organization or a local first responder community charity. The more you enlist, the more they earn!! Our past runs have raised over $13,000 that have helped with everything from North Kingstown Food Pantry to Operation Stand Down and their homeless veteran shelters.
Honor and Remember
We will begin the day with a dignified, solemn ceremony with Guest Speakers, 21 gun salute, and fly over. It will be conducted in the morning to coincide with a bell ringing at 0958 when the first tower falls. Our goal is to commemorate the lives of those who died in the 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City and the Pentagon in Virginia and those who perished when the hijacked United Airlines Flight 93 crashed in Pennsylvania.
Highlight local organizations that improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement through service and volunteering
Raise funds for local charities that support veterans and first responders.
Emphasize the importance of unity within our country and community and pay tribute to the heroes who continue to serve today, domestically and abroad.
The festival portion will take place throughout the event for the whole community. We will have food trucks, a beer garden, a Kid Zone play area, vendors focusing on health and wellness, Veteran Outreach groups, educational activities supporting the day, as well as static displays. Local area businesses are welcomed and encouraged to set up booths to promote their business and sell items.
Enjoy a run through Historic Wickford Village, named one of "America's 10 Best Main Streets. Established in 1709, Wickford Village provides picturesque waterfront streets lined with one-of-a-kind shops featuring jewelry, housewares, clothing, and more. Your run will take you past galleries, antique shops, cafes, and restaurants, as well as past beautifully maintained churches, colonial homes, and gardens.
Throughout the event, we will have live music—more details to follow.
For and in consideration of USA Track & Field, Inc. (“USA Track & Field”) allowing me, the undersigned, to participate in the USA Track & Field sanctioned event described above (the “Event” or “Events”); I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”);
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am at least eighteen (18) years of age (or this Agreement is agreed to by my parent, natural guardian, or legal guardian (the “Guardian”));
(ii) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (iii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event, that I am responsible for my own safety and well-being at all times and under all circumstances while at the Event site.
2. I understand and acknowledge that participation in track & field, road running, race walking, cross country, mountain, ultra, and trail running Events is inherently dangerous and represents an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. I understand and acknowledge the risks and dangers associated with participation in the Event and sport of track & field and related activities, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; contact with other participants, spectators, animals or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course or track conditions; land, water and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined, not readily foreseeable and presently unknown risks and dangers (“Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in any Event.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competition Rules adopted by USA Track & Field and any safety regulations established for the benefit of all participants. I accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby release, waive and covenant not to sue, and further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the following parties: USA Track & Field, Inc., its members, clubs, associations, sport disciplines and divisions; United States Olympic Committee (USOC); the event directors, the host organization and the facility, venue and property owners or operators upon which the Event takes place; and any other organizers, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, coaches and officials for this Event; law enforcement agencies and other public entities providing support for the Event; and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Event Organizers”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
5. As a condition of my participation in the Event, I hereby grant USA Track & Field, Inc., the event director and host organization a limited license to use my name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, video, athletic performance, biographical and other information (collectively, “Likeness”), in any media platform or format whatsoever, and to distribute, broadcast and exhibit these without charge, restriction or liability, but only for the purposes of advertising or promoting the Event, USATF, or the sport of Athletics. The foregoing grant, however, does not constitute consent for USATF or any third party to use my Likeness in an endorsement of any product or service without my specific written consent.
I hereby warrant that I (or the Guardian, if I am under the age of 18) am of legal age and competent to enter into this Agreement, that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If the participant is under the age of 18, the Guardian hereby agrees to release and discharge the Released Parties as follows: a) The Guardian acknowledges and understands that the Event is inherently dangerous and represents an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. Further, the Guardian acknowledges and understands the Risks, as defined above. b) The Guardian acknowledges the rights waived by both the Guardian and the participant by accepting this Agreement. c) The Guardian acknowledges that the Guardian will indemnify the Released Parties from any and all Liability which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to the participant’s participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties. SecureFee™ Registration Cancellation Insurance is offered in most states. If purchased, your registration may be covered for one of the covered reasons stated in the policy.