About the Ugly Sweater 5K and Merry Mile
• Break out those ugly sweaters and join us on Saturday, December 3 at 9:00 am for a holiday hustle down Route One in Falmouth. This year, we are featuring both a 5K and a 1 mile fun run so there’s something for everyone. The Ugly Sweater 5K and Merry Fun Run / Walk are part of the Very Merry Falmouth weekend celebration with many events on Friday and Saturday. The proceeds benefit the Falmouth Memorial Library. The 5K and the Merry Mile start at 9 AM.
• The venue is located at the American Legion on Depot Road across the street from Falmouth Memorial Library. The start and the finish line is on Depot Road in front of the American Legion.
• Bib pick-up and race day registration are in the tent next to American Legion.
• Refreshments will be available to runners and walkers after each event.
• Parking will be available at the library, American Legion and next to the baseball field.
• Directions – Depot Road intersects with Rt 1. Those coming from outside Falmouth can take exit 10 of Rt 295.
Ugly Sweater 5K at 9 AM - Details
• Registration fee includes t-shirt if one registers before November 14. The fee is $30.00. Walkers are strongly discouraged from entering this event. The Merry Mile is intended for walkers.
• Course – Depot Road to Rt 1. Right on Rt 1 south to Rt 88. North to Old Mill, turn right, left on to Edgewater, right on to Anderson, left on to Ridgeway, left on to Rt 88, right on to Depot, right on to pedestrian way along Rt 1 to finish line across from Shaws.
• Awards – First place male and female plus first place of each 10 year age group; 5K runners with Ugly Sweaters also eligible for first, second or third place awards for ugliest sweater.
• T-Shirts are available to runners who sign up by November 14.
For safety reasons, the police have asked me to notify runners that strollers will not be allowed in the 5K. They are welcome to join the Merry Mile which is on the pedestrian way.
Ugly Sweater Merry Mile at 9 AM - Details
• Registration fee is $15 for an individual and $50 for a family. Registration fee includes t-shirt if one registers before November 14. Runners and walkers will not be timed. This is an event to show off one’s ugly sweater and parade along Rt 1.
• Course is Depot Road to Rt 1, right on Rt 1 sidewalk to turnaround and return the same route back to the finish..
• Awards – First, second and third place awards will be given to the ugliest sweaters as voted by participants.
I know that running [volunteering for] a road race is potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained, and by my signature, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I attest that I have read the rules of the race and agree to abide by them. I assume all risks associated with running in this event, including but no limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the road [insert any specific risks related to your here, e.g. “the alligators who bask in the sun at the corner of 4th and Sunset St…”’], all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, animals, and personal music players are not allowed in the race and I will abide by all race rules. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and inconsideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Ugly Sweater Fun Run, the city of Falmouth, ME and the Road Runners Club of America, all event sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use my photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose. SecureFee™ Registration Cancellation Insurance is offered in most states. If purchased, your registration may be covered for one of the covered reasons stated in the policy.