Join us for our Third Annual ‘Firecracker 5K & Family Fun Run’ as we celebrate the community and country during our 41st annual Fun on the Fourth Celebration, June 29 - July 2nd, 2023 at the Wilmington Town Common and Swain School Grounds. The Race will be on Thursday, June 29th at 6:30pm.
The 5K Road Race will Feature:
* Medals for participants (must sign up prior to 6/19 to be guaranteed a medal)
* Water stops
* Professional chip timed results by RaceWire
* FREE downloadable Finish Line photos
* T-shirts for participants (must sign up prior to 6/19 to be guaranteed a t-shirt)
* Live music at the finish line
* Gift card prizes for top 3 male and top 3 female finishers
POST RACE CELEBRATION
* Join us on the Town Common and Swain School grounds for the Fun on the Fourth Celebration!
* Full event schedule: www.funonthefourth.com or find us on Facebook!
REGISTRATION + FEES
* Please register via Racewire.com. All registrations received before 6/19 will receive a t-shirt and medal
* Registration also available day-of via the Fourth of July Headquarters.
* The early registration fee is $25.00/participant. The fee will increase to $35.00/participant after April 30th, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Refunds are not available.
* Sign up early to take advantage of our early registration discount!
* Early bib pickup for the race will begin on June 20th at the Fourth of July Headquarters, Wilmington. Bibs will also be available for pick-up on June 29th. Early pickup is highly recommended to avoid lines on race-day. Runners registered before June 19th will receive a t-shirt and medal.
Sign-in and race day registration will take place outside of the Fourth of July HQ located at 142 Middlesex Avenue, Wilmington.
The course leads you through the streets of Wilmington on a familiar route that has been part of many 5K events over the years. There are slow building inclines and declines throughout the 5K course. The starting line is next to the Fourth of July HQ, Route 62/Church Street. You will head north on Route 62, then right onto Wildwood Street, Left onto Woburn Street, Left onto Federal Street, Left onto Middlesex Ave. The finish line is next to the Fourth of July HQ where the race began. There will be cones and directions for all runners and walkers throughout the course, as well as water stations for a refreshment!
* Please park at the St. Thomas Church (126 Middlesex Ave, Wilmington) or the Wilmington High School (159 Church Street, Wilmington).
* Interested in volunteering during the Fun on the Fourth Celebration? Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I recognize that running is a potentially hazardous activity and that I should not enter or run this event/race unless I am medically able to participate and properly trained to do so. By my signature below, I acknowledge that I am medically able and properly trained to participate. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the event/race. I assume all of the risks associated with running in this event/race including, but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, including high heat and or humidity, the conditions of the road and traffic on the course, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts, and in consideration of your acceptance of my application I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, hereby waive any present and future claims against, and hereby release, the Wilmington Fourth of July Celebration, Inc., the Town of Wilmington, Massachusetts and all sponsors, their representatives, agents and successors for any and all claims or liability of any kind arising out of my participation in this event/race, even though that liability may arise out of the negligence or carelessness on the part of the parties named in this waiver. Further, I hereby grant permission to race organizers to use photographs, motion pictures and recordings of the race which include me and to publish same on organizer’s websites. I acknowledge that I am not entitled a refund of my entry fee for any reason, even in the event of cancellation of the race. SecureFee™ Registration Cancellation Insurance is offered in most states. If purchased, your registration may be covered for one of the covered reasons stated in the policy.