The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, Franklin Lodge #2136 is proud to announce that the second annual Elks Care Elks Share 5K Road Race and Walk will begin and end at the Franklin Elks, 1077 Pond Street, Franklin, MA 02038 on Saturday, May 10, 2014 starting at 10 AM.
This event will feature a 5K Road Race and Walk through the local neighborhood with trophies for the top three finishers in various age categories. Refreshments will be provided and t-shirts will be supplied to all that register online. Proceeds from the 2nd Annual Elks Care Elks Share Road Race & Walk will be donated to the Franklin Food Pantry and Wounded Warrior Project.
- Check-in begins at 9:00 AM in the Franklin Elks Lodge
- Race begins and ends at the Elks (1077 Pond Street, Franklin, MA 02038)
- Indoor Facilities
- T-Shirts to all online registered runners (S-M-L-XL-XXL)
- Each participant will be professionally timed by RACEWIRE
- Live Results can be sent to your smart phone! Results will be posted and available online.
- Awards will be granted to the top 3 male and female finishers in various age groups
- Water, coffee, bagels, oranges and bananas will be available for registered runners
- Sponsor tables available at Race Event
- Music, Raffles, and Post Race Celebration!!!!!
- Parking available at the Elks and at the VFW across the street
- The course is mostly flat ending with a roughly ½ mile dash to the finish line
T-Shirts will be provided to all Runners and Walkers that register online.
T-Shirt sizes are small (S) – medium (M) – large (L) – extra large (XL) – extra extra large (XXL).
There will be AWARDS granted to the MALE & FEMALE First Place, Second Place, and Third Place finishers based on gross time in the following age categories:
Up to 19
20 to 29
30 to 39
40 to 49
50 to 59
60 to 69
I acknowledge and assume all risks associated with this event including, without limitation, falls, animal bites, food poisoning, accidental needle sticks, effects of weather, including heat and humidity, traffic, road and ground conditions. I herby certify that I will not participate in the Elks Care, Elks Share 5K Road Race unless I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for competition in the race. I understand that bicycles, baby strollers, skateboards, radio headsets or earbuds, and animals will not be allowed in this race and I will abide by this regulation.
I have read and fully understand this waiver and in consideration of the acceptance of my entry, for myself and anyone legally acting on my behalf, I waive and release the Franklin Elks 2136, Inc., its employees, directors, officers, volunteers, agents, successors and assigns, and all sponsors, from any and all claims, liabilities or causes of action, including without limitation, death, bodily injury, property damage, or any other loss, damage or any inconvenience whatsoever, arising from my participation in this event. Further, I grant full permission to the Franklin Elks to use photographs, videos and other types of recordings of me in advertising, trade or any commercial purpose in legitimate accounts and promotions of this event. I waive the right to inspect versions of my image used for publication or the written copy used in connection with the images.
SecureFee™ Registration Cancellation Insurance is offered in most states. If purchased, your registration may be covered for one of the covered reasons stated in the policy.