What's this wicked awesome race all about?
The High Five 5K (Hosted by The Mullet Marathon) is 3.1-miles of exercising awesomeness, a fun-tastic fleet of feet that starts and finishes in front of Seafood Sam's Restaurant on the Cape Cod Canal in Sandwich, Mass. On Saturday, Oct. 7, beginning at 10:00 a.m., runners will run around the friendly coastal neighborhood of Town Neck, preferably smiling, high-fiving and having an exceptionally great time along the way. The route features fantastic beach and marina views as well as the aerodynamically flowing locks and generally striking good looks of Mullet Marathoners A.J., Bobby, Boyd, Clark, Hank, Hunk, Kenny, Redford and more!
For all of the race-day details, including directions and parking information, please visit www.highfive5k.com.
The Mullet Marathon? What? Who?
The Mullet Marathon is a way of life. It's a lifestyle dedicated to healthy living and inspiring others. Supporting great causes and going the extra mile. Letting your hair down and giving high fives. Big smiles – we firmly believe – equal shorter miles.
Since 2002, Mullet Marathoners have made appearances at races and events around the country, delivering free high fives while helping raise money and awareness for a multitude of incredible people, charities and initiatives.
Perhaps you saw us this winter during 7 News Boston blizzard coverage... https://www.facebook.com/7NEWS/videos/10155634634698332/
One time, Kelly Ripa talked to us. Learn more at www.highfive5k.com. Up high!
Supporting Family Success in Our Community
Proceeds from the High Five 5K benefit Family Continuity is a private, non-profit mental health and social services agency serving Eastern and Central Massachusetts from hub offices in Peabody, Lawrence, Whitinsville, Worcester, Plymouth and Hyannis for more than 30 years.
The agency was founded in 1985 in response to the Massachusetts’s “de-institutionalization” to provide individuals with community-based resources that reduced the need for institutional care. As a pioneer of this movement, Family Continuity’s behavioral health services approach every relationship from a place of respect and the deeply held belief that we all hold the keys to our own personal success.
Family Continuity's mission statement is to: “Support family success in every community by empowering people, enhancing their strengths, and creating solutions through partnerships to achieve hope, positive change and meaningful lives.”
For more information please visit www.familycontinuity.org or www.highfive5k.com.
Registration Fees & T-Shirts
EARLY REGISTRATION (UNTIL AUG. 18)*: Guarantees race registration and T-shirt choice:
• 5K & Performance tee (18 and older): $23
• 5K & Cotton tee (18 and older): $20
• 5K & Performance tee (Under 18): $18
• 5K & Cotton tee (Under 18): $15
REGISTRATION AUG. 18-SEPT. 25*: Guarantees race registration and T-shirt choice.
• 5K & Performance tee (18 and older): $28
• 5K & Cotton tee (18 and older): $25
• 5K & Performance tee (Under 18): $23
• 5K & Cotton tee (Under 18): $20
REGISTRATION AFTER SEPT. 25*: Guarantees race registration only. T-shirts available while supplies last.
• 5K & Performance tee (18 and older): $33
• 5K & Cotton tee (18 and older): $30
• 5K & Performance tee (Under 18): $28
• 5K & Cotton tee (Under 18): $25
*While we will do our absolute best to make sure everyone gets their requested T-shirt size, we cannot guarantee it will be available upon check-in.
Sweatbands & Tube Socks
We have Mullet Marathon-approved sweatbands (1 headband, 2 wristbands) and tube socks (1 pair) available for $10. These are high-quality and high-fashion products that we believe add positivity to your every wearing moment.
*Sweatbands are one size fits all. A variety of tube socks sizes will be available, but we cannot guarantee a perfect fit. We CAN guarantee you will look amazing.
I hereby represent that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age (or this agreement is also agreed to by my parent, natural guardian, or legal guardian) and I agree to the following USA TRACK & FIELD, INC. PARTICIPANT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT as it pertains to participation in the 2017 High Five 5K.
I understand that I can not participate in the 2017 High Five 5K unless I provide a signed, physical copy of this agreement to High Five 5K staff during on-site registration.
[ USATF PARTICIPANT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT <
For and in consideration of USA Track & Field, Inc. (“USA Track & Field” or “USATF”) allowing me, the registrant, to participate in the USA Track & Field sanctioned event I am registering for herein (the “Event” or “Events”); I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”);
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am at least eighteen (18) years of age (or this Agreement is also agreed to by my parent, natural guardian, or legal guardian (the “Guardian”)); (ii) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (iii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event, that I am responsible for my own safety and well-being at all times and under all circumstances while at the Event site.
2. I understand and acknowledge that participation in track & field, road running, race walking, cross country, mountain, ultra, and trail running Events is inherently dangerous and represents an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. I understand and acknowledge the risks and dangers associated with participation in the Event and sports of track & field and related activities, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; contact with other participants, spectators, animals or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course or track conditions; land, water and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers (as defined in Section 4 below); and other undefined, not readily foreseeable and presently unknown risks and dangers (“Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions or the actions or inactions of others participating in or organizing the Event, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in any Event, except to the extent caused by the gross negligence and/or willful misconduct of any of the Released Parties (as defined in Section 4 below).
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competition Rules adopted by USA Track & Field and any safety regulations established for the benefit of all participants. I accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby release, waive and covenant not to sue, and further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the following parties, as relevant and applicable in each instance: USATF, its members, clubs, associations, sport disciplines and divisions; United States Olympic Committee (USOC); the event directors, the host organization and the facility, venue and property owners or operators upon which the Event takes place; and any other organizers, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, coaches and officials for this Event; law enforcement agencies and other public entities providing support for the Event; and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Event Organizers”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to my participation in the Event, except to the extent caused by the gross negligence and/or willful misconduct of any of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which may be incurred as the result of such claim, except to the extent caused by the gross negligence and/or willful misconduct of any of the Released Parties, as relevant and applicable in each instance.
5. As a condition of my participation in the Event, I hereby grant USA Track & Field, the event director and host organization a limited license to use my name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, video, athletic performance, biographical and other information (collectively, “Likeness”), in any media platform or format whatsoever, and to distribute, broadcast and exhibit these without charge, restriction or liability, but only for the purposes of advertising or promoting the Event, USATF, or the sport of Athletics. The foregoing grant, however, does not constitute consent for USATF or any third party to use my Likeness in an endorsement of any product or service without my specific written consent.
I hereby warrant that I (or the Guardian, if I am under the age of 18) am of legal age and competent to enter into this Agreement, that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by accepting it (including the rights of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have accepted this Agreement without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my acceptance to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If the participant is under the age of 18, the Guardian hereby agrees to release and discharge the Released Parties as follows: a) The Guardian acknowledges and understands that the Event is inherently dangerous and represents an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. Further, the Guardian acknowledges and understands the Risks, as defined above. b) The Guardian acknowledges the rights waived by both the Guardian and the participant by accepting this Agreement. c) The Guardian acknowledges that the Guardian will indemnify the Released Parties from any and all Liability which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to the participant’s participation in the Event, except to the extent caused by the gross negligence and/or willful misconduct of any of the Released Parties. ]
Further to the USATF Participant Waiver, I understand that the entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. I understand that race management reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event due to events out of management's control such as weather, natural disasters or other emergencies. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances. Management may also alter the course and distances for the safety of the athletes.