Why do we call this the Boston Tune-up? With just over two weeks until the acclaimed Boston Marathon, we have the perfect Tune-up with a combination of uphills, downhills and the perfect distance of 9.3 miles. If you are running "Boston" or just looking to get ready for a local race, come join us. We are sure that you will enjoy this scenic course and country atmosphere.
This year we are pleased to add our event to the USATF-NE Grand Prix series as the 15k Championship. This designation will attract a new group of elite runners and have an even greater impact to the charities and communities that this race benefits. Please visit the the USATF-NE Grand Prix website (HERE)
for further details.
Values / Amenities
- Chip Timing
- Soup, pizza, and other refreshments available after the race
- Indoor change and rest room facilities
- Free photos of all participants
The course starts and ends at Nipmuc Regional High School in Upton, Massachusetts. Please visit our website for more detailed information.
- Awards will take place at 12:00
- Commemorative Soup Mugs available to the first 400 registered
- Age Group Awards - Top 3 in each of 7 age groups
- Prize Money Breakdown:
- Open - Male and Female: 1st: $300, 2nd: $200, 3rd: $100
- Masters - Male and Female: 1st: $300, 2nd: $200, 3rd: $100
- Seniors - Male and Female: 1st: $200, 2nd: $150, 3rd: $100
- 60 - 69 - Male and Female: 1st: $100
- 70 - 79 - Male and Female: 1st: $100
- Open - Male and Female: 1st: $100
- Masters - Male and Female: 1st: $100
- Seniors - Male and Female: 1st: $100
Race registration is available through racewire.com or on race day at Nipmuc Regional High School:
Adult - Before 2/1/2017 - $35
Adult - After 2/1/2017 - $40
Under 19 - $30
70+ - Free!
$5 discount for current USATF members (USATF membership number required upon registration)
$15 discount for 2017 registrants due to cancellation of race (Eligible participant will receive email with Promo Code. Contact Matt Kellogg firstname.lastname@example.org with questions)
Day-of registration ($40) and number pick-up will begin at 8:00am in the Nipmuc H.S. cafeteria
Mail-in Registration forms and instructions are available through the event website:
We apologize, but no refunds will be available for on-line, mail-in, or race-day registration.
Directions and Parking
Race start/finish line and parking facilities are at the following address:
Nipmuc Regional High School
90 Pleasant Street
Upton, MA 01568
Parking attendants will assist you when you arrive at this location.