• Registered participants pick up packets on Friday, October 19, from 4-8 p.m. at the City of Sumter SOUTH Hope Center, or on the morning of the race.
• Each participant will receive a long sleeve dry fit TriSumter shirt if registered by OCT 5.
DRYFIT shirts NOT available after OCT 5.
• CANCELLATION POLICY: This event accepts refunds of 50% of the paid event price up to 14 days prior to the event date or until the event has filled. Event entries are not transferable between persons, events or years. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this
• The race will be organized and timed by a professional service. Please no pets or strollers.
• Stroke and Endurance Training for the tri- athlon will be provided at the City of Sum- ter Aquatics Center starting May 26 through October 14. Call (803) 774-3998 for training times, to register and for more information.
Free lap swim admission with paid registration.
• A listing of local hotels and event information can be found at www.sumtersc.gov.
In the event of inclement weather, the follow- ing procedures will be followed:
1. The event will be postponed until 9:30AM in hopes the inclement weather will pass.
2. If inclement weather does not pass at 9:30AM the event will be changed to a
duathlon with a time trial start 17 mile Bike, 5K Run format.
3. If a duathlon is not possible the event will be cancelled and a 50% credit will be issued for all registered participants into the 2019 event. No refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
4. If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather prior to event weekend a 50% credit will be issued for all registered participants into the 2019 event. No refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
I understand that a triathlon is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter and run unless I am medically able and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with running in this event including, but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and humidity, traffic and the condition of the road, and such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone acting on my behalf, waive and release the City of Sumter and all sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver.