In consideration of my being permitted to participate in the following described activities:
Family Weekend 5k Run/Walk 2018 on November 11, 2018. Run/Walk will begin at 9 a.m. on November 11, 2018. Participants in the Run/Walk will run or walk across campus on a guided 5-kilometer course.
George Mason University does not control or in any way warrant the personal safety of participants or their property in Family Weekend sponsored programs.
1. In full recognition and appreciation of the dangers and risks inherent in such activities, I do hereby waive, release, and forever discharge George Mason University its members of the Board of Trustees, servants, officers, agents, and employees, former or current, (hereinafter “College”) from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or causes of action, attorney’s fees, costs, judgments, or expenses for damages and losses to my personal property, or my personal injury, illness, allergic reactions, including permanent injury or death, which may result from my participation in the aforesaid activities, whether occurring inside, outside, on or off College property, for the duration of said activities and transportation.
2. I verify that my participation in the above described activities is voluntary. I understand and acknowledge that the aforesaid activities may be hazardous, that my participation is solely at my own risk, and that I assume full responsibility for any resulting injuries or damages. I further declare that I am physically fit and capable to participate in such activities.
3. I recognize that this Activity Participation, Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability, and Hold Harmless Agreement means I am giving up, among other things, rights to sue the University. I also understand that this Activity Participation, Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability, and Hold Harmless Agreement binds my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, as well as myself.
4. I understand that the University does not provide life or health/medical insurance for me and that I have been advised to confirm that I have health and/or medical insurance for my participation in the above activities.
5. I will abide by all applicable state laws, College requirements, including policies outlined in the Student Handbook, and my failure to do so may result in sanctions such as dismissal, expulsion, other academic and/or disciplinary sanction. I agree to comply with all instructions and directions during participation in the above activities. Furthermore, I understand that the College reserves the right to refuse my participation for any reason that, at the sole discretion of the College, renders me unfit to participate. I acknowledge the importance of following the safety requirements while engaged in the activities.
6. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, or illness during my traveling and participation in the above activities.
7. I have read this entire Activity Participation, Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability, and Hold Harmless Agreement, and I fully understand agree to be legally bound by it.
SecureFee™ Registration Cancellation Insurance is offered in most states. If purchased, your registration may be covered for one of the covered reasons stated in the policy.